26 Jan Titleist introduces New Vokey Design SM6 Wedges
New SM6 models provide precise distance control, enhanced shot versatility, maximum spin and superior feel
New Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 6 wedges – the next step in wedge innovation from the clear leader in the category – establish a new performance standard by improving in the three key areas of wedge play: distance gapping, shot versatility and spin control.
Already the most played wedge model on the PGA Tour, Vokey SM6 wedges provide precise distance control, enhanced shot versatility, maximum spin and superior feel through the following key technologies:
- A ground breaking new Progressive Centre of Gravity (CG) design aligns the CG with the impact position of each loft to produce precise distance and trajectory control with exceptional feel. Engineered using cutting-edge CAD technology, the Progressive CG is visible technology on the back of the wedge.
- Low Loft (46º-52º) SM6 models feature a low CG that increases ball speed on average by 1.5mph (3-5 yards). This low CG position provides a precisely aligned progression from a typical iron set. It is visible technology, highlighted by a thinner topline and raised lower section.
- Mid lofts (54º & 56º) feature a mid CG position, precisely aligned between the low lofts and high lofts, that provides precise distance gapping and exceptional feel.
- High lofts (58º-62º) feature a high CG position that produces tighter distance dispersion, improved trajectory control and better feel. The high CG position is precisely aligned with the impact position of high lofted wedges, higher on the face. It is visible technology, highlighted by a raised upper section.
- Master Craftsman Bob Vokey’s five tour-validated SM6 sole grinds have been fine-tuned through Bob’s work with the world’s best shot makers, providing golfers of all skill levels with improved shot versatility for their swing type, shot making style and course conditions.
- All five SM6 grinds (L, M, S, F, K) are currently in play across the worldwide professional tours. Each grind is a direct result of Bob’s experience fitting tour players, PGA professionals and amateurs of all skill levels for more than 20 years.
- 100% inspected new proprietary Spin Milled TX4 grooves and face texture deliver more spin (up to 200rpm more spin on average) with more consistent spin control.
- New TX4 grooves are engineered with a machine milled, parallel face texture that creates a sharper, more consistent groove edge.
- TX4 grooves feature two groove geometries: a narrower, deeper groove for the 46º-54º lofts; and a wider, shallower groove in the 56º-62º lofts – with seven percent larger volume, each groove better channels away grass, sand and debris for cleaner ball-to-edge radius contact.
- The parallel face texture and progressive groove geometries optimise ball-to-groove edge contact to increase spin and control around the greens
“These are the best wedges we’ve ever made,” Bob Vokey said. “Our engineers have taken everything I’ve learned working with tour players, PGA pros and amateurs over the last 20-plus years, everything (Vokey Tour Rep) Aaron Dill has learned from being on tour week in and week out, and brought it to life with technology that will help golfers at every level of the game. SM6 really is the total package.”
“The detail and precision that’s gone into SM6 is off the charts,” Aaron Dill said. “We’ve taken everything into consideration while really focusing in on the CG. This is technology that you can actually see on the wedge – technology that tour players are raving about because it is helping them control their trajectory, hit their number more consistently and ultimately score better.”
Vokey Design SM6 wedges are available at FOREST GOLF in March. They are available in 46º to 62º lofts and three finishes: Tour Chrome, Steel Grey and Jet Black (raw).